If you are in need of a tankless water heater in Rochester Hills MI, call the top rated Rochester Hills MI tankless water heater installers at First Class Plumbing (248) 520-9197 today!
Is a tankless water heater right for you?
Here are some things to consider before making the decision to go tankless:
- Demand: Do you want a unit to heat water in one bathroom or the entire house?
- Type: Consider the requirements. An electric model will need the proper voltage, amperage and circuit breaker. Gas-fired models need to be vented.
- Location: They must be within roughly 50 feet from a power source, and can be mounted on an interior or exterior wall.
- Life expectancy: Most last more than 20 years — about twice the lifespan of storage water heaters.
- Installation: Hire a highly rated plumber or heating and A/C contractor to install it. Often, the installation is included when you purchase a unit from a dealer.
Tankless water heaters: electric or gas?
So you’ve decided to go tankless. Now what?
First, you’re going to need to choose either an electric or natural gas model.
Major differences exist between them even beyond the potential cost of rewiring your house as mentioned earlier.
Electric tankless heaters are 99 percent efficient. However, they don’t qualify for rebates or an Energy Star rating, which requires a product improve energy output 14 percent over older models.
The worst traditional electric heaters are 93 percent efficient.
If you are looking for a tankless water heater in Rochester Hills MI, please call First Class Plumbing at (248) 520-9197 to schedule an appointment.