Tankless Water Heaters Independence Twp MI – First Class Plumbing
Need a Tankless Water Heater in Independence Twp MI? Call First Class Plumbing at (248) 520-9197.
If you’ve been thinking about investing in a tankless water heater in Independence MI, but haven’t made a commitment, think no more. Going tankless with your water heater is a great idea!
These water heaters are growing in popularity; however, most consumers are still concerned. No one wants to invest in the new and unusual. This article is designed to take the worry and fear out of making a purchase.
All the Great Benefits
- Double the lifespan – Did you know that a tankless water heater unit lasts years longer than a tanked one? These heaters have a lifespan of nearly 20 years! You’re lucky if you get 10-12 years out of your tanked one. This is a benefit that saves you money over time.
- Wall mountable to save space – If space is limited, installing a tankless water heater is a great idea! These units are small and wall mountable for added convenience. You’ll enjoy an unlimited supply of hot water and benefit from a significant amount of free space.
- Endless hot water – Heat as much water as you need without paying to keep it stored. Simply turn on the hot water faucet and enjoy enough hot water to finish your shower. With a tankless water heater model you benefit from an unlimited supply. Eliminate the storage tank. Why pay to heat water that’s not in use?
- Economic efficiency – Save money on your energy bill! A tanked water heater constantly uses energy to heat and reheat water. Standby heat loss creates waste. Since going green is on everyone’s mind, a tankless water heater is a great investment. They allow you to easily reduce waste and enjoy economic efficiency.
- Requires less maintenance – Tankless water heater units are easy to maintain. Unlike its counterpart, this version doesn’t house water 24 hours a day. Lime scale buildup and corrosion is virtually eliminated. Cleaning the unit is necessary, but it’s an easy process being less extensive than emptying a 30-40 gallon tank.
Tankless Water Heater Types
There are two kinds of these water heaters: point-of-use and whole house.
A point-of-use water heater can be installed under a sink or near a shower or washer dryer. If used this way, a point-of use unit supplies hot water to the immediate area only.
If this is going to be your primary source of hot water, you’ll need to install more than one unit. If it’s not, then it’s important to know you’ll still need a primary source of hot water. This unit will supplement your existing tanked one very well.
A whole house version is typically installed in a garage or closet and is designed to provide hot water to multiple outlets. Although this type of water heater is larger than point-of-use models, they’re still compact in size, making them great space savers.
Like a point-of-use system, they are wall mountable and a great replacement for the tanked one you’re using. No matter which version of you choose, you’re guaranteed to appreciate its efficiency and space saving design.
What to Consider Before Making a Purchase
If you’ve been thinking about getting a tankless water heater in Independence Twp MI but you’ve yet to make up your mind. Consider the facts above and a few helpful tips below to assist you in making a successful purchase.
- Select a fuel type. Water heaters run on three types of fuel – natural gas, propane, or electricity. No matter which fuel type you choose, tankless units are efficient and will save you money.
- Determine how much hot water you use on a daily basis. Will you’re water heater be a primary or a supplemental source?
These heaters do have installation requirements. Consider the costs and whether or not your home is setup to meet installation needs. For electric units you must consider the following:
- Voltage: The volts on a unit varies from 110-277V. You’ll need to know what your home accommodates and whether an upgrade is required.
- Amperage: All water heaters require a different amp draw. Be sure your home is capable of meeting the need and choose a model accordingly.
- Circuit breaker: Have your circuit breaker examined to make sure your home has the connections needed to support the unit you choose.
If you choose to stay with a natural gas or propane option then make sure you have all of the proper venting accessories needed for installation. Typically there are kits available to make the installation process easier.
Know how much hot water the heater produces at one time. The following factors should be discussed with your retailer:
- GPM (gallons per minute) or flow rate: How much hot water the heater produces matters. The flow rate determines its effectiveness.
- Underground water temperature: Ascertain what the ambient incoming water temperature is. Northern climates are obviously colder than Southern climates. Knowing how cold the local water supply is will help you choose the perfect model.
- Temperature options on the unit: Keep your family safe and enjoy hot water at its best possible advantage. Choose a model with temperature control.
Discuss all of these tips with a professional so you can make the most advantageous purchase.
Choosing the Perfect Water Heater
Choosing to invest in a water heater is the first decision. After that, selecting one to meet your needs is the next step. Knowing how the water will be used and how often is important. All of this information combined will help you select the perfect model.
Once you’ve made a selection and had it professionally installed, you can enjoy the benefits of an economically efficient and compact water heater that’s guaranteed to meet your needs for years to come.
If you would like the professional team at First Class Plumbing to install a tankless water heater in Independence Twp MI or surrounding areas, please call (248) 520-9197 today!
Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service
Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service – First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are in need of a top rated Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service, please contact First Class Plumbing at (248) 860-5084 for prompt assistance. Click here to learn more about us or Follow Us…
Waterford MI Sump Pump Service
Waterford MI Sump Pump Service – First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are searching for an experienced Waterford MI Sump Pump Service, look no further than First Class Plumbing! Contact us at (248) 860-5084 for prompt and reliable service. Click here to learn more…
Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service
Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service - First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are in need of a top rated Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service, please contact the experts at First Class Plumbing (248) 680-5084 today! Click here to learn…