Hot Water Heater Repair Rochester MI – First Class Plumbing
First Class Plumbing specializes in Hot Water Heater Repair in Rochester MI and nearby areas. Call our experienced team at (248) 520-9197 for immediate assistance.
How to Know If Your Water Heater Is Bad
Most water heaters last between 10 and 15 years before they need to be replaced. When internal parts are corroded or encased in a buildup of minerals, the water heater’s efficiency begins to decline. Regularly flushing the water heater keeps it working longer. A few telltale signs will let you know it’s time to purchase a new water heater before it fails completely.
1. Check for power if there is no hot water. While no hot water can be a sure sign that the water heater has failed, it could also mean the pilot light is out or the circuit breaker tripped.
2. Examine the water that comes out of the hot faucet. If it appears rusty, this signals an upcoming failure of your water heater.
3. Look for signs of muddy water or increased sediment in the water tank. Attach a hose to the drainage bib on the water heater, turn the unit off and drain it to examine its contents. Muddy water or increased sediment signals a potential failure of your water heater.
4. Smell or taste the water. If the hot water has a metallic taste to it, this indicates that the water heater is close to breaking down.
5. Pay attention to the noises your water heater makes. While there will be normal sounds as the water heats, loud cracks and pops indicate an interaction between the heating elements inside the heater and the scale and mineral deposits built up on them.
6. Take immediate action and hire a professional if you see leaking water around the water heater where none has leaked before. Disconnect the electricity or turn off the gas to the unit and let the water cool down before attempting to remove and replace the water heater. Leaking water indicates an internal failure in the water heater.
If you are in need of water heater repair in Rochester MI or surrounding areas, call the top rated Rochester MI water heater repair plumbers at First Class Plumbing (248) 520-9197 today!
Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service
Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service – First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are in need of a top rated Rochester Hills Drain Cleaning Service, please contact First Class Plumbing at (248) 860-5084 for prompt assistance. Click here to learn more about us or Follow Us…
Waterford MI Sump Pump Service
Waterford MI Sump Pump Service – First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are searching for an experienced Waterford MI Sump Pump Service, look no further than First Class Plumbing! Contact us at (248) 860-5084 for prompt and reliable service. Click here to learn more…
Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service
Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service - First Class Plumbing (248) 860-5084 If you are in need of a top rated Rochester Hills Sump Pump Service, please contact the experts at First Class Plumbing (248) 680-5084 today! Click here to learn…