Do you need water heater services in Rochester MI or surrounding areas? If so, contact the Rochester MI water heater experts at First Class Plumbing today at (248) 920-5197 today! Click here to learn more about our Rochester water heater services.
Important Water Heater Facts
Your water heater is an essential appliance in your home. Without it, you would have to resort to “old school” methods of heating your water, such as heating pots of water on the stove. Since this is not the Stone Age, having a water heater is a necessary luxury, making life easier. Whether you are buying your first water heater or your third, knowing the facts about water heaters will help you make an informed decision.
1. About 25% of the energy you use in your home is for heating your water. Since such a large portion of your energy usage is from your water heater, it is important to select a heater that is energy efficient.
2. Most of your water usage comes from taking baths and doing laundry. With an energy efficient water heater, you can worry less about the cost of every bath and load of laundry.
3. The typical tank water heater will last about 10 to 13 years. Tank heaters are normally more affordable than tankless heaters.
4. Tankless water heaters last about 18 to 20 years. One of the biggest myths surrounding tankless water heaters is the assumption of instant hot water. Tankless water heaters are not able to give you instant hot water when you turn on the faucet, but they do give you an endless stream of hot water once it reaches the point of use.
5. Want instant hot water? There is a quick fix. Simply talk to your plumber about installing a hot water circulation system instead.
6. Using an electric water heater will normally cost more per year than a gas or propane water heater.
7. Finally, one fact that is often overlooked by the average consumer is that tank water heaters should be drained and refilled on a regular basis. This helps extend the life of the water heater by ridding the tank of any buildup.
By keeping these facts in mind, you can choose the water heater that fits your budget and your hot water needs.
If you are looking for the top rated Rochester MI water heater experts, contact First Class Plumbing at (248) 520-9197 for immediate assistance!